In Memoriam Soror Solaris

In Memoriam Soror Solaris Image
January 11, 1973 - July 22, 2010

"DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW."

Yesterday, I received news from the Grand Chapter that it had only just gotten wind of the passing of our dearest Soror Solaris, who was known to the profane world as Sharon Miller. She died of cancer at only 37 years of age. She was born on January 11th, the date on which our Matron Saint, Alostrael, took the Holy Oath of the Office of Scarlet Woman in 1919 E.V. She died on July 22nd of this year, a date also significant to me personally, as it was the day on which, in 1989 E.V., I obtained first contact with my own Holy Supernal Will.

Soror Solaris has been a tremendous inspiration to me, and I only wish that I could have known her sooner. She believed wholeheartedly in the mission of our Church, was unreserved in her passionate defense thereof, and didn't care what anyone thought of her for it. She has moved me as few in this world have done. Although I will now recall some of her words here, I would rather leave out some of the more extreme statements that refer to me directly, as that would only come off as self-aggrandizing. This is meant to exhibit her great spirit, not to glorify others.

On February 14th, she wrote an open letter to certain members of our little community of Thelemites. In that letter she addressed me specifically, writing, "Brother, coming into contact with you would make this life complete for meI love you 777Never turn back. My children depend on it. I have all of your works printed in a large binder. I am taking that with me."

Needless to say, I have rarely been so moved, and shall never forget those kind words. Of course I thanked her for that public defense of our mission, to which she replied privately, saying: "I am a woman of the New Aeon and I simply say what I mean. I finally decided to stand up and say "wake up". People do not pay attention to what is going on around them. They do not listenI was only speaking the truth in the hopes that others will take notice."

She went on to write: "I really do not know if I will be coming back. I am much sicker than I have made known to others. But I am a fighter and I will fight with all of my might to beat this. Thelema is my life: it is who I am. Take care of yourself and thank you so much for everything that you have done for me and for humanity. The time will come when that statement will ring true to all. But for now we that carry the light of truth must pass it on one by one. I love you Brother. One of my final thoughts will be of you."

I will think of her to my dying day.

She was also very close to both of the leading lights of our Grand Chapter, Grand Minister 121 and Deputy Grand Minister Soror Heartfire XC. In her open letter to the Church, she wrote:

"You [i.e. Fra.'.121] are my brother, my family. I have never felt so close to someone that I have never met face to face. But the nights that we have spent on the phone drinking and actually watching TV together have been wonderful and we will do it againI just love you and Melinda [Soror Heartfire] so muchUntil I met you I had not felt that kind of fraternal love. Thank you for everything that you have done. If for some reason I do not come home I want you to know that you reignited a fire in my heart that had been a dying ember for many years." She concluded by writing: "please do not worry. Life or death I will be just fine. Remember: "I give unimaginable joys on earth: certainty, not faith, while in life, upon death; peace unutterable, rest, ecstasy"

Her last words were: "Love is the law".

We love her and she will be greatly missed. Let her death be not a cause for sorrow, however, as that is contrary to our Law and to what she herself would have wanted. For death is not an end but only another beginning. As James Morrison put it so well: "We live, we die -- and death not ends it".

Ceremonial proceedings are underway to inaugurate Soror Solaris into canonization in the Holy Thelemic Church as a Category VI Thelemic Saint: i.e., "Those whose lives have been a great inspiration to the Church". This is rarely done but in this case it was well deserved. The petition for canonization has also received the approval of the Office of Oracle of the Church, Soror Aliana XCIII.

"Aye! feast! rejoice! there is no dread hereafter. There is the dissolution, and eternal ecstasy in the kisses of Nu."

Farewell, dear Soror, for now.

"LOVE IS THE LAW, LOVE UNDER WILL."

ALEISTERION

777



Suggested ebooks:

Aleister Crowley - The Soul Of Osiris
Alice Bailey - Initiation Human And Solar
Aleister Crowley - Amphora Or Hail Mary

Keywords: necronomicon books  astral travel how to  chakras meditation  aleister crowley drawing  learning the tarot  black magic rituals  astral travel hypnosis  yogi ramacharaka  name of all the greek gods and goddesses  astral projection method  how to perform a love spell  

Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes & ChethstudiosDesign by Metalab
Copyright © Thelema and Faith